The Saskatchewan Lions Club Dayna Brons Entrance Scholarship was established by the Saskatchewan Athletic Therapists Association in conjunction with the HumboldtStrong Community Foundation in honor of Ms. Dayna Brons who passed away following the Humboldt Broncos bus tragedy on April 6th, 2018.
A native of Lake Lenore, SK, Dayna was a certified athletic therapist who displayed many characteristics required to be successful in her profession. Determination, perseverance, work ethic, patience, optimism and passion are all traits Dayna displayed on a daily basis. Dayna was very active in the community and selflessly volunteered her time to many different causes.
This award was created in her honor to recognize the efforts of students pursuing a career in an athletic therapy related field and who show the same traits that Dayna displayed throughout her career.
Lions Club of Saskatchewan via the HumboldtStrong Community Foundation
Variable. One (1) award presented annually.
The award will be presented annually to a student who meets the following criteria:
- Is a permanent resident of the province of Saskatchewan.
- Is currently enrolled in Grade 12 in a Saskatchewan secondary school.
- Has been accepted into or has applied to a post-secondary athletic therapy or athletic therapy related program.
- Has shown initiative in gaining athletic therapy or kinesiology experience.
- Is actively involved in his or her respective community through volunteering or other community initiatives.
- Participation in local sport would be preferred but is not required.
- Displays examples of perseverance and passion towards helping others as well as the willingness to learn and work effectively with others.
Applicants must submit with their application a detailed summary, not to exceed two (2) pages, highlighting why he or she thinks he/she should be considered for the award. No more than (2) letters of reference will be required to be submitted with the application as well. Annual application deadline is May 31st. **DEADLINE FOR 2021 EXTENDED TO JUNE 30TH**
All applications will be reviewed by a selection committee consisting of no less than three (3) members, one of which will be a representative of the Brons family. The successful applicant will be selected and notified by the committee no later than June 1st of each year.